I love writing,most of all I love writing in a journal especially a hard-covered book. At that moment all my feelings and thoughts are being entered on a single page that I plan to look back on many years from now.
My First Journal
When I first purchased my journal I wasn’t sure what to write about so I would write a few sentences and close the book. Now I realize a journal can be anything you want it to be. You can have a journal filled with your fantasies or you can have a journal full of goals. You decide what goes in your journal it’s your private domain.
Daily writing ✍️
Keep your journal in a spot that others will not be tempted to read it but make sure it’s in a spot that you can easily get it. Don’t forget to write in your journal daily.
Here are some great questions to start your journal journey:
- List your passions.
- List your goals.
- What do you wish you can leave behind?
- Draw a portrait of yourself using colours that reflect who you are?
- Describe something about yourself that pushes people away?
- Think of something you lost recently what are two positive insights you gain from the experience?
- What gives you light?
- List some places in the world you would like to travel to and why?
- List five things that made you smile today.
- Draw a circle, square and a triangle on a page, now list the people, tools and resources that are important in your journey.
- If you can own only four possessions for the rest of your life what would they be?
- Think of learning something new then describe what you learned and how this experience made you feel.
- Write down your favourite and most daring dream on a spare piece of paper fold it up and put it in a bottle beside your bed.
- Breathe in and out deeply eight times let your mind clear move forward what is the first thing that came to mind when this exercise was completed.
- Think about all of the people whose lives are affected by you good or bad list them all.
- List three things that you are grateful for when it comes to the human spirit.
- Get a candle light it then blow it out and make a wish what did you wish for? write it down.
- Remember yourself as a child what piece of advice would you give your future self.
- List three parts of your life that you wish were different can you come up with a reason you are grateful for each?
- Think of three ideas that you fundamentally disagree with ideas that hurt your spirit and are harmful to your well-being right them down on three separate pieces of paper and rip them up.
- List 10 of your biggest dreams that haven’t come through yet?
- Name something kind that you did for someone within the last 24 hours.
- List four people you would like to sit and eat with.
- List five people living or dead that you would like to have a conversation with and why.
- Name someone at work that you connect to because they make you feel good and why?
- List your three favourite colours and where do you like to use them ?
- Write a letter to someone you have a disagreement with then rip it up and throw it away.
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while and make a note of what you guys talk about.
- List three people you would like to write a letter to thanking them for making your life better.
- List all the things you love about yourself.
These are some great questions to start your journal.Good luck! Remember there are no right or wrong answers. Simply be you🤗