I wake up early ready to start my day. I am so blessed to have this bed and a place to call home. My family is healthy and strong. I send out positive energy to my children and husband wishing them a good productive day. Why am I telling you this? because I didn’t always wake up like this.
In the past, I would wake up stating how much I hated going to work. I would bark at the kids to get ready, check the news for updates on weather and the latest bad news stories. I found myself feeling weak. Life was the worse thing to ever happen to me. I became frustrated with life. I would focus on other peoples flaws.
My energy was negative, I was pretentious, angry and tired. As Mary J. Blige said “I was sick and tired of being sick and tired” so I changed the narrative. I started to connect more with my spiritual side, I started meditating and examining my life and I was amazed at how ungrateful I was. How dare I be this way? How dare I not appreciate all the good things that have surrounded me my entire life? So I started my personal mission. My mission to being a new person.
This mission took some time, I had to dig deep into my soul and see how I got here in the first place. I have a great life, why was I feeling so bad. Here are the steps I took to create a better me.
- Let go of the past, nothing can be undone once it happens. You holding on to things is not going to make it change.
- Don’t hang out with people if they treat you like you are hard to love. You don’t need to prove yourself to anyone.
- Don’t allow the people who speak badly of you to take your happiness. You maintain your power. Don’t turn into them by gossiping, judging or blaming.
- Smile, hang out with people who are happy and make you feel good.
- Don’t waste your time worrying. Worrying about things does not bring solutions. Whatever you are worried about think of the best scenario that can occur.
- Quit saying “yes” when you mean “no”.
Now, these are some first steps. All you must do is stay consistent. This takes time, remember you took a while to get to where you are now. Give yourself some time if you are trying to create a new version of yourself. You are amazing!!! Let’s take our power back.